Tuesday, June 19, 2007

How Can It Be June 19th??

Didn't I just get here yesterday? Where did the time go??

Didn't I just get here yesterday? Where did the time go??

I am once again in transition, repacking bags and looking for the next place to store them. Additionally I am in (not by choice) a transition of mindset. Although it was my intention to not be concerned with the summer until the summer was over, My Mother is correct and I don't have that luxury. So in the midst of being in the office full time preparing for the 40 teenagers I will be responsible for six weeks arriving a week from Sunday, I am also now getting anxious about finding a job. I posted my resume on Monster.com and realized that I am not as marketable outside the non-profit world as I thought. Shame...

I am hoping that the universe will work something out (as it always seems to do) and that something will come along allowing me to begin in early September. That’s right folks, I said early September. I arrive in the U.S. August 21st. I am going to rent a car at the airport (Unless I can convince my amazing, wonderful, brilliant, selfless, and possibly still unemployed brother to come pick me up--nudge, nudge, wink, wink) and drive north with all my things to the apartment my roommate will hopefully have found by that point. With no furniture I will probably make a quick run to ikea or crash with friends in the area for the night. Possibly find some things on Craig's List the following day and then high tail it back down to Maryland where I will pack up the rest of my things and drive back up to Boston. Anything’s possible...right??

Okay, back to packing!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, my wandering Jew,
    Just read the latest and can't wait for you to come home. There are things here I have collected for you, so you can load up the car for your hike to Boston. By the way, what is in Boston? Sorry I missed your call, but it was wonderful hearing from you.Have a safe and uneventful trip home. I'll be looking for you.
    My love and devotion always,
    Grandma

    ReplyDelete