Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I heart Brooklyn

On Wednesday night, my ride to NY for a wedding texted me and said: "Hey do you mind if we leave on Friday afternoon instead?". One Friday headache/I should go home early fake out later...we were on the road. With a night to make plans I got very excited about visiting a good high school friend in Brooklyn before heading out to the wedding on Sunday afternoon. We had a great time, lots of food and friends. One of the cooler events was the Renegade Crafts fair that was taking place.
We walked around for a couple of hours before surrenduring to the brutality of the sun. The fair was comprised of local and not so local artists, and one of the main promoters was a website called Etsy or as I like to introduce it "It's like Besty without the B"! Many cool things, and although I didn't have the cash at the time I have since tracked down some of the vendors and bought online including this AWESOME city map off of http://www.orkposters.com/:


They have only a handful of maps at the moment (Brooklyn, Chicago, LA, Manhattan, San Fran.) but maps including Seattle, Portland and Washington D.C. are on the way. I would love to buy one for each major city I have lived in, frame them and have some funky yet practical art for the wall.






I have been a big fan of Esty for a while now after learning about it from a co-worker. Here are some of the other cool things I have purchased there:




Stone Necklace from the Oregon coast: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5609834


Wooden and painted earrings: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5399844



The weekend continued celebrating with friends at the wedding of Elior Parness and David Coleman--pics to follow.


No comments:

Post a Comment