Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Oh Canada

It's offical. Brian and I booked our tickets to Calgary and will be off to the Canadian Rockies for the first 10 days in August. The recommendation originally came from a friend when I was open to and looking for global suggestions. It should be a week of hiking, kayaking, caving and if I can get Brian to conquer a fear of being thrown from a raft--whitewater. The guide books claim that Lake Louise, Banff National Park, and Jasper National Park will take your breath away. I'm ready!

I gave final notice to NICHQ that I will be departing July 29th. Its a bit later than I originally hoped. But I had originally wanted to backpack SE Asia. Alas, that trip will have to wait for another time. Good news is the extra couple of paychecks will not only help with this trip (why did the Canadian dollar have to go and trump the U.S.?) but also with a new Macbook I have been eyeing for quite some time now and will come in handy for starting school this fall.

Start date is August 24th and classes begin on the 28th. I have received information on my academic advisor, have realized I will not have dental insurance, and sent my orientation schedule. Although I may complain about it in the future, let the record show I am very much looking forward to getting back into the classroom.

This month is also full of travel: Martha's vineyard, NY/NJ, and Albany. This weekend is in fact my last on in Boston until July...guess the bug has not yet left my system!

No comments:

Post a Comment