Thursday, April 05, 2007

Quick Update from the Homefront

The trip in wasn't easy. El Al got us to JFK 2 hours late, add on an additional 1.5 hours for baggage to arrive and you get a missed flight to Washington D.C. After running back and forth through the airport with all my luggage to find out this wonderful news I called home. My call was greeted by the news that my Mom was having a procedure on her back the next day for a slipped disc and that I should be prepared to hit the ground running. After some tears in the airport I was able to get El Al to put me up in a hotel for the night. I was in bed by 12:30 and back at the airport 6 hours later. After waiting in line for 1/2 hour I was told that there were no flights available from JFK to the D.C./Maryland area and that they would book me on a flight from LaGuardia. I was handed an itinerary and pointed in the direction of the taxis. I made it across town to LaGuardia where I was told that the flight may not be possible since I had not reported the flight as missed the night before and that I was marked as a no show. After explaining my story and situation the woman took pity and I was booked. I landed in Maryland at 2pm.

It was nice to be home for Shabbat. I slept, and slept and slept and slept. Something I had not done much of the previous 48 hours.

Sunday, after all the pre-Passover cleaning and shopping had been done, I met Ayelet. She is amazing.

Monday morning I went to the Apple store to find out what could be done for my computer and my now dead iPod. I was told that they could replace the piece where my computer adapter had jammed for $145 and that they would replace my iPod with the same 20gb model for $69. So, for less than what a new iPod would cost me, I am all set--good news!!

I also cooked and prepared my first ever Seders, spent lots of time with baby Ayelet, played a few games of the Settlers of Catan, and got to spend some time with old friends from high school. I am looking forward to spending the rest of my week doing similar things. Chag Sameach (Happy Holiday) to all!

1 comment:

  1. Ayelet? You mean Tarni, right? Enjoy your time back in the States!

    ReplyDelete